One of the CTX’s most active members, choreographer Julia Rae Antonick and Khecari Dance presents “cresset: vibrant, rusting”, a new contemporary dance work exploring meticulous movement embedded in a land of decay’s fruition.
CTX members, Julia is offering 5 tickets to the December 6th show in exchange for time credits! Check out her offer here!!!
Khecari invites you to enter into a world of magnetic viscera and dislodged niches holding performers whose movements grasp at vitality in the midst of cycles of lethargy and mania, departmentalization and yearning and ultimately an energetic outpouring in the face of inevitability.
Antonick collides Balinese and contemporary dance to explore repetition and filigree, and uses the environmental confines to develop a unique new movement vocabulary derived from improvisations of composted life and the fortification of newness accompanied by an original score from Joe St. Charles using reel to reel and percussion. Lighting and construction design by Jonathan Meyer and performed by Maggie Koller, Danielle Hammer, Jordan Reinwald with Joan Chih Hsien Lin, Amanda Timm and Angelica Palomo. Costumes by Jessie and Julia Antonick.
November 22nd, 30th
December 6th, 13th & 14th
at Revere – 2509 W. Irving Park
8pm – doors open at 7:15pm
(no late seating)
$25 General Admission
You are hereby invited to the first bi-weekly Chicago TimeExchange open administrative meeting. (From now on, these working meetings will happen every other Wednesday at the same location.)
When + where
This Wednesday, November 13
6-8pm (we will start on time!)
The Civic Lab
114 N. Aberdeen
What to expect on the agenda:
- Brief history of the Chicago Time Exchange
- CTX mission statement (work in progress!)
- Inspiring models: BACE, Catarse, SwarmWise, working for the MAN
- Collaborative brainstorming of possible/real needs for administrating the growing CTX network
- Working groups based on each of our offers to meet different categories of needs (e.g. outreach/hosting, structure/roles, software + other tech)
Come on down if you…
- Have questions about the CTX
- Are an active member of the CTX and would like to help grow the network by hosting, managing, consulting, or otherwise working for the CTX
- Are part of an organization or project that would like to collaborate with the CTX
- Have already created tools that would benefit the CTX (resource maps, organizing toolkits, cooperative/nonprofit bylaws)
- Are a skilled organizer and want to earn time dollars!
- Want to have input on how to structure / run a timebank
- Have the time!
Before you come, please…
- Think about your gifts within the context of the CTX
- Sign up on the CTX (above!) if you haven’t already
- Prepare your tools!
- Make a snack to bring and share
All participants will be paid in time dollars by the CTX’s organizational account. Please invite anybody you know who would like to put their skills to work at the CTX.
We look forward to seeing you! Best wishes,
Isaac, Jami, and Lara